Miranda D

Miranda D
Miranda made cameras in Japan from the 50's until they went bankrupt in 1976 - this Miranda D was made in 1960. "It had several unusual features for the time, including lever wind, instant-return mirror, automatic diaphragm and one of the viewfinders featured an early example of TTL metering" - from Camerapedia. It does not have split-image focusing which takes a little practice to get used to - for me anyways. Another unusual feature is the two seperate dials for shutter speed - a "normal" dial for fast speeds and a separate lever underneath it for slower speeds. I scored three Miranda's on the same day at the thrift store and they all have interchangable viewfinders. I used the finder from the Miranda S when I shot the 'D'.


Downtown Akron
I used Kentmere 400 film for my first attempt with this camera.
Akron Ribfest
The Miranda got a few sideways glances at the Akron Ribfest
Funnel Cakes
Classic Fair Food
Plant Shadows
Plant Shadows
Lockview
The Lockview