Zenit ET

Zenit ET
The Zenit ET is a Soviet made camera from the early 80s. I bought my copy at a flea market in Rome - which was an interesting negotiation(neither of us were fluent in each other's language). The metering is not TTL(through the lens) which was pretty standard in most cameras of this time - you actually have to enter your setting on the left side of the camera to get a accurate reading. The shutter release button is interesting too - you push it half way down and it sets the lens to the selected aperture - pushing all the way trips the shutter - it takes a little getting used too. The best thing about the camera is that it uses the M42 screw mount which was invented by Zeiss but popularized by Pentax - I have multiple lenses with this mount from different manufacturers. The focusing screen is not a split prism and I did miss focus a few times. I've only shot one roll with this camera, which was well expired and of poor quality, so I can't really judge the Helios lens at all.

Tall Grass and Blue Skies
Weeds
Straw Man
Straw Man

Thatr is all I am posting for now - you can see how rough the film was....